5/14/2011

Avid Recording Studio Review

Avid Recording Studio
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Well, at first I thought it was my mike cord. $40 later I realized it was the phantom power.
I actually got a couple of vocals done the other day; they came out pretty well and I was happy with the box. The first setup gave a hum so I swapped cords and everything was fine. Ordered a new Monster XLR cord and the hum was back. So I went to the cord I'd used successfully. . .and now it's humming. I was using an AT-4040 condenser mike. Grabbed the nearest mike handy--a Shure Beta57A--and got no hum. Also swapped headsets and jiggled the USB cord (not that that makes any sense). It's got to be the phantom power supply in the Avid Recording Studio itself.
I did the above using Garage Band on a Mac Book Pro. The Avid Recording Studio comes with a free version of ProTools, so I gave it a try. Same story. Nasty hum using the condenser mike and phantom power; OK with dynamic mike. I couldn't get either Garage Band or Pro Tools to record an electic guitar. I assume that input is bad, too, though I'll admit I didn't pursue it very far. This thing should be plug-and-play, and it's just not worth the effort. Fortunately I bought it through a local guitar shop and they'll take it back no questions. (Amazon is great about returns, but this is even easier.) I'll replace it with something by another manufacturer. I had nothing but trouble with Pro Tools in the past, and I had big doubts about buying anything by Digidesign (now Avid). They didn't change my mind with this piece of junk. My advice to you is to avoid it. Yeah, it's cheap but apparently, there's a good reason.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Avid Recording Studio

Powered by the same technology behind many of today's greatest hits, Avid Recording Studio instantly transforms your Mac or PCinto a full-featured studio.Captured guitars, instrutments, and vocals in pristine, 24-bit/48 kHz quality with the included Pro Tools SE recording software and M-Audio Fast Track audiointerface.Then fatten your guitar sound, deepen the groove, and get clean, pristine tones with Pro Tools SE.You can also add backing tracks with loops from the huge included library, then polish your songs and share them with the world.Avid Recording Studio makes it easy to vreate stunning audio projects-even if you're never recorded before.

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Avid Recording Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment