Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Just what I needed at the right price, thanks 26th Street Music Center and Amazon too. Great built quality, excellent specs and features. I started off with the DOD crossover that I have no complaints about. I auditioned the DOD for a month and then tried the dbx. They look very similar and have most of the same features. The big difference is DOD uses Butterworth filters and dbx used Linkwitz-Riley filers. While the DOD has a bit smoother sound, as the mid freqs can sound slightly muddied, the dbx reproduces noticeably better detail and clarity across all freqs. The excellent electronic quality of the DOD is unmatched by any other crossover in that price range, its a good deal, but the build quality isn't as good as the dbx. DOD's knobs feel plastic and wiggle around, but perfectly exceptable if a person where to say biamp a home sound system. So the verdict is...I choose dbx over the DOD and the extra cost is completely justified. But now I've got an extra crossover I don't need. Hope this helps when comparing the two.
Click Here to see more reviews about: DBX 223 Stereo 2 Way, Mono 3 Way Crossover
Let's take a look at the construction features of the dbx 223. At first glance, you'll notice the units are great looking. As you turn the controls something else becomes apparent; these units are extremely well built. The controls exude great precision, and the feel is a solid "click". Also, when you open the box, you won't find the external power supply that accompanies most processors in this price range. That's because we know how difficult external power supplies can be to work with and even though it costs a little more we put the high quality power supply right in the unit. All the inputs and outputs are TRS differentially balanced 1/4" jacks that are bolted down to the chassis. This "nutting down" of the jacks insures that even if someone stomps on a cable plugged into the unit, it's not going to tear up the circuit board inside. All dbx crossovers all feature Linkwitz-Riley 24dB per octave filters, the professional standard. But then again, what did you expect?
Click here for more information about DBX 223 Stereo 2 Way, Mono 3 Way Crossover
No comments:
Post a Comment