Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Okay, I'll jump in and post the first Amazon review of the Kustom Tube 12A Combo amp. It won't be a terribly long one, because you can read a slew of reviews with a quick web search. Most of them are very favorable, from what I read. Like this:
"I have been playing for 20+ years and have more than a dozen guitars and a very extensive collection of high quality pedals. For what I paid this amp is a tremendous little bargain, even with upgrades. I would put it up against an older Fender Champ any day."
And:
"I couldn't be much more impressed. For the price, you can't compare any other practice amp on the market. I got Liverpool Beatles tones, right out of the box!! Stevie Ray and Buddy Guy with the addition of a reverb pedal.That Celestion speaker is a beauty. Nice reproduction. I've got big Fenders, Marshalls, Ampegs and Traynors and they're great for gigging and recording, etc., but none of my other little practice amps (Frontman, Pignose, etc.) can match this for tone. The 12ax7 tube makes a big difference. For the price, I recommend one for everybody, regardless of musical style. Great product."
So, you can see that many users love this little amp. So do I. I've only had it for a couple of days, but (as memory serves) it sounds as good, or nearly as good, as any of the old tube amps I've owned over the years. I sold all my tube amps because I was mostly playing old-timey and bluegrass on my Collings flattop guitar. Recently I got back into playing Western Swing and I wanted a tube amp again. I'm only playing at home, so a big powerful amp wasn't necessary or even desirable. I played a friend's new Fender Champion 600 and I it sounded great. Then I began searching the web for low priced, small tube amps and I stumbled upon a plethora of Kustom Tube 12 reviews. I liked that it had the larger 8 inch speaker and a few extra watts. Plus, it was nearly half the price of the Champion.The Kustom Tube 12 is a 12 watt amp with a 12AX7 preamp tube and a solid state power amp section. It's compact and light enough to be easily carried anywhere. The amp has two tone controls (High and Low), an input gain, volume (master volume), and two push buttons, a Gain and an EQ (Shift). The Gain button enables the preamp to be over-driven using the Gain knob. The higher the setting the more distortion. The distortion ranges from a mild blues tone to heavy crunch. The other button is an EQ Shift button which gives the guitar a mid-range boost when pushed in. This is meant to simulate the sound of "American" amps. When the Shift button is out, it produces a tighter British amp tone.
When the amp arrived the other day, I sat there, alternating my little solid body guitar collection, seeing what the Kustom Tube 12 might bring to each one. Every guitar sounded great--so much better than my Cube 20 or Cube 60, with sweet overtones to die for. My custom Telecaster by Mike West with Paul Reed Smith Dragon II pickups sounded fabulous--full bodied with rich overtones. Ditto for my Parker PM-20. My black bastardized Fender Strat sounded so chicken-pickin" good that, for a minute, I sounded almost like Reggie Young. For just a minute, mind you. I haven't yet plugged in my Benedetto archtop, but I'm sure it, too, will shine with this little gem.
Mostly, I set the amp "clean", since I play that old, Western Swing style, so I must refer you to the online reviews by players who use the overdrive features. But I wanted to post this review to let players know that this is one hell of an amp and it might be just the ticket for you.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Kustom Tube 12 Combo Practice Guitar Amplifer
The TUBE 12 is a small combo amp with a tube preamp, utilizing a classic 12AX7 tube. The result is that cool, glassy tone that makes both clean and distorted sounds really sing. It has 12 watts of output power running through an 8-inch Celestion speaker. When you kick in the Gain switch, look out.
Click here for more information about Kustom Tube 12 Combo Practice Guitar Amplifer
No comments:
Post a Comment