Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I've been a fan of Celestions (Vintage-30, G12H-70th Anniversary and both Blue & Gold speakers), but never tried the Greenbacks until now. I've started working with the Traynor YCS-50 amp, which offers both Marshall and Fender style tone settings. My usual favorites for speaker choices were either too bright, or clangy, or a little too 'efficient.' I tried running the head through all of the above, plus a THD 2x12 cab with proprietary Eminence drivers, but nothing worked for me. The description of the Greenback includes "creamy highs" and "tight lows" with a little compression, but no real interference in the clarity and mids, which is what I was sorely needing, and that's what I got. A pair of these in the THD cab work great, because it stays present and clear, but has much better control over the highs & lows. The Traynor YCS-50 toggles between British classic-rock sound and Fender tone, and the Greenbacks certainly favor the British side. But they also handle the other tones well--if not "exactly" like a Fender is supposed to sound, it is musically satisfying. It's amazing what a different speaker can do for the sound, and these delivered what I was looking for, as advertised.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Celestion G12M Greenback Guitar Speaker, 16 Ohm
While the G12M Greenback has evolved over the decades this version exhibits all of the classic characteristics but is voiced with a broader mid range attack and restrained top end to give a forward punchy attitude to chords and a searing lead tone without fizz.
Click here for more information about Celestion G12M Greenback Guitar Speaker, 16 Ohm
No comments:
Post a Comment